REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
REFERENCE NUMBER: KeRRA/ANNUITY/002/2021-2022
ROADS10, 000 PROGRAMME: THE DEVELOPMENT OF 10,000KM OF ROADS SUPPORTING PRIMARY GROWTH SECTORS THROUGH CONTRACTOR FACILITATED FINANCING MECHANISM (PHASE 1)
INDEPENDENT EXPERT CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR
LOT 33: NGONG – KISERIAN – ISINYA AND KAJIADO – IMARORO – 91KM
- The Government of the Republic of Kenya through the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development represented by the Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA), being a state corporation established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 requires the services of Consulting firms to act as Independent Expert (Engineer) for its project under the Public Private Partnership Programme. The programme roads are intended to support the primary growth sectors of Commerce, Tourism, Agriculture and Rural Production, and Extractive Industries.
- The scope of the Civil Works will broadly include Operation and Maintenance of the constructed road sections, bridges, culverts, road intersections, drains, etc. The approach under this programme is the Finance-Design-Build-Maintain and Transfer Contract Framework.
- The Authority therefore seek to procure Consultancy Services of a Consulting Engineering firms with the capability (Qualification and experience) to serve as the Independent Expert and assist the parties in the management of the Operation and Maintenance (O & M) of the Project Agreement between the Authority and the Project Companies (Private Party) for the project under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) framework.
- The Consultancy Services to be provided by the Independent Expert (Engineer) shall involve monitoring compliance with the terms of the Project Agreement by the parties to the contract during the Operation and Maintenance (O & M) of the contract period. The concession period includes a design and construction phase of Two (2) years which has ended and a operation and maintenance period of Eight (8) years. The consulting period will be for a period of three (3) years which may be renewed.
- The Authority, being authorized agents of the Government of the Republic of Kenya now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the above services.
- Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (Description of similar assignments, availability of relevant knowledge and skills among staff, knowledge in Project Finance etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. Similarity shall be in terms of design supervision and maintenance management of Civil Engineering works.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Qualification document for expression of interest for request for application to prequalify for Consultancy services for Supervision of Ngong-Kiserian-Isinya and Kajiado-Imaroro under lot 33 [Request for qualification (RFQ)]. The detailed description of the services is found in the prequalification document and can be downloaded from the following websites: - kerra.go.ke. 22nd December, 2021.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address given below during office hours (weekdays from 0800hr to 1700hr East African Time, excluding public holidays).
Director (Road Asset Management),
Kenya Rural Roads Authority,
Barabara Plaza, 1st Floor, Block ‘B’
P.O. Box 48151-00100,
Packages containing Expression of Interest should be clearly marked with the following statements;
“EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR:-
ROADS10, 000 PROGRAMME: THE DEVELOPMENT OF 10,000KM OF ROADS SUPPORTING PRIMARY GROWTH SECTORS THROUGH CONTRACTOR FACILITATED FINANCING MECHANISM (PHASE I)
APPLICATION TO PREQUALIFY FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR. SUPERVISION OF NGONG-KISERIAN-ISINYA AND KAJIADO-IMARORO UNDER LOT 33
TENDER NUMBER: KeRRA/ANNUITY/002/2021-2022
Should be addressed to:
KENYA RURAL ROADS AUTHORITY
4TH FLOOR, BARABARA PLAZA, BLOCK “B”
AIRPORT NORTH ROAD
P.O BOX 48151-00100
Tel: +254 (20) 780600/01 - 05, Mobile: +254 711851103
And submitted or deposited in the Tender Box situated on Ground Floor, Barabara Plaza, Block “B”, so as to be received on or before 1100 Hours (East African Time) of Thursday 13th January, 2022. Thereafter, the opening of bids will take place at the same venue starting from 1115 Hours.
Deputy Director -Supply Chain Management
FOR: DIRECTOR GENERAL
KENYA RURAL ROADS AUTHORITY
CLARIFICATIONS AND AMENDMENTS TO REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS
Pursuant to Clause 2.9 and 2.10 of the Request for Qualifications, the following amendments have been made;
Clarification No. 1 Clause 2.2.2 (Applicant’s Experience) and 3.2 (Technical Experience);
On the request for the change of the completion period from 5 years to 10 years and that awarded projects be considered.
Answer A1: The completed projects are the projects completed within the five-year period for which a substantial completion certificate or completion certificate for the construction phase has been issued. The projects may have begun outside of this period.
Clarification No 2 Clause 2.2.2 (vii) and 3.2 (d): for Project Financing Experience
The there is a conflict of in the number of completed road projects to be presented as the minimum criteria
Answer A2: Clause 3.2 is therefore amended to require 2 successfully completed roads worth at least Kshs. 2 Billion
Clarification No 3 Clause 2.2.2 (Technical Capacity) and 3.2.1 (Technical Capacity for purposes of evaluation)
The consultant is unsure if all the criteria must be met in one project
Answer A3: The projects present need not have all the criteria in one single project and multiple projects may be presented to meet the separate criterion. This also applies to providing separate projects for design and supervision
Clarification No 4 Clause 2.2.2
The Consultants would like to mention that since the Audited accounts as per
International Financial Reporting Standards is not followed in all the countries, the Consultants should be allowed to submit the accounts maintained as per standards followed in the country of the Consultant.
Answer A4: The Audited accounts must follow International Financial Reporting Standards
Clarification No 5 ANNEX III of Appendix I : Financial Capacity of the Applicant
The ANNEX III references Clause 2.2.2 (B) which does not appear in the RFQ
Answer A5: The Reference is therefore amended from Clause 2.2.2 (B) to Clause 2.2.2 (2)
Clarification No 6 Clause 2.2.2: Applicant’s Experience
From the stated Clause, the Consultants understand that they need to submit the Organization Structure of the firm along with CVs of the proposed Key Staff to handle the assignment as per the prescribed Format.
Kindly confirm that our understanding is correct.
Answer A6: Confirmed.
Clarification No 7 Clause 3.1.2 : Competency and Capacity
The consultant notes that the criterion under Clause 3.2.1 (e) for Capacity to Mobilise Project Financing is not captured under Clause 2.2.2 and 3.2.1 for Technical Capacity.
Answer A7: The Capacity to mobilise Project Financing falls under the financial enquiries as captured in Clause 2.2.2 (2) and is captured under Appendix I, Annex III.
Clarification No 8 ANNEX II of APPENDIX I: Conversion rate
It is noted that the conversion of the Kenya Shilling is not currently available on the International Monetary Fund platform
Answer A8: The notes for ANNEX of APPENDIX I is therefore amended to;
$$ The conversion rate of currencies shall be the daily representative exchange rates published by the International Monetary Fund and/or Central Bank of Kenya for the relevant date.
Clarification No 9 Table format for Experience
It is noted that the table format reference in Instruction 13) and 14) in ANNEX IV, APPENDIX I is missing
Answer A9: This is amended and inserted below the instruction 14) is as follows;
Approx. value of the contract (KES):
Duration of assignment (months):
Name of Procuring Entity:
Total No. of staff-months of the assignment:
Approx. value of the services provided by your firm under the contract:
Start date (month/year):
No. of professional staff-months provided by associated Consultants:
Role of Assignment:
(E.g. Lead Member in ABC JV, or Sole Consultant)
Name of Senior professional staff of your firm involved and functions performed:
Narrative description of Assignment:
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
Name of Consulting Firm:
Name and Title of Signatory:
This form must have attached to it, evidence of participation and completion of the project and the Consultant may attach any other information that they consider necessary in this application.
Clarification No 10 Extension of the Submission date
The Consultant has requested for an extension of submission date
Answer A10: The time of submission has been extended to 24th January 2022